Thursday, August 1, 2013

Our Thursday Adventure


I was reading about the free admission for the month of August into the Umlauf Sculpture Gardens and Museum and thought how I could potentially terrorize that nice place with my three little tornadoes...I'd never been before and my hubby had volunteered to work with my pops today, so I was alone with all three kiddos:) oh me oh my! 

I felt brave and thought "why not"?! So I packed our usual snacks and H2O bottles and headed to the Umlauf with all three tornadoes. I managed to park the Tahoe without hitting anything (parking was tight) and checked in at the front desk. The young lady asked the kids if they wanted to participate in the scavenger hunt and handed each kiddo a  laminated colorful card stock page with pictures of specific sculpture pieces and a washable marker. 


Wow, here I thought this place was not for kids at all but the staff was awesome and while it took my kiddos a little less than 30 minute to find all their sculptures, they really enjoyed gazing at each art piece! Yes, my very active children behaved amazingly while at an art museum! I'm glad they loved it! I'd recommend it for children of all ages. 
http://umlaufsculpture.org/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment